Every year, on 15th August, India celebrates freedom from the British rule. Our country witnesses a huge celebration of independence with tricolor flag hoisting, parades and cultural functions in whole country. The Indian national flag is a horizontal tricolor of saffron, white and green. The color saffron represents courage and sacrifice. The white denotes truth and purity and the green stands for life, faith and chivalry. The wheel symbolizes unceasing motion and progress which appears on the abacus of Ashoka’s pillar.
Independence Day is the most significant days in Indian history that reminds us of the bravery of our freedom fighters.
India completes 72 years of Independence on Thursday, but it will be the 73rd Independence Day, on 15 August (Thursday).
To make this quarantine Independence Day special you can do something which may become memorable as you can gift to your loved ones and please them.
Buy online gifts for Independence Day and share the joy of freedom. Here are some suggestions to gift. Let’s go for it.
This Wooden handmade Asoka pillar with Indian flag is one of the best gifts for your dear ones. You can gift it and make this Independence Day special.
I am Proud to be an Indian T-Shirt
This is a cool and useful t-shirt that can gift to your loved ones. This tricolor t-shirt is a proud feeling gift to show your love towards India. Recipients can wear it multiple times in multiple occasions and every time your memory will give smile on their face.
Get talking with your coffee!
Yes. In your office desk or in house you can put this coffee mug to intake refreshing coffee. You can gift these coffee mugs to your team members and make some matching memories together.
In our Indian culture every occasion is fulfilled with Love and Emotion. With Sweets you can make it more special. You can gift your loved ones these chocolates to show your Love towards India. You can gift this pack to anyone and of any kind of age.
Pen Stand Design with Card Holder
This is a Unique & Attractive wooden Pen Stand With stylish Card Holder to please your relatives and friends. This will increase the show of your office desk. If you are a government employee or anyone to whom you are going to gift is a government servant then this gift will 100% suits to them. You gift this ones and they will keep you in mind forever.
This notebook/diary that is useful and suitable ideal item to gift on this Independence Day to your loved ones, relatives and friends. A book judges by its cover. When cover is so attractive then you can think how energetic work done when you write in it. So with of no doubt you can buy it.
States of India Map Puzzle
A unique and fun map puzzle to learn the States of India, Union Territories and their Capitals. Isn’t it a wonderful gift to learn about India so deeply? It is. You can gift to your kids in family and keep them engaged to educate themselves. So go for it.
Modi Ji Costume
You can buy and gift this in Independence Day Modi Ji theme-dress to your kids. You can also buy this for yourself and make its matching. Mr. Narendra Modi is an Indian Icon, so no doubt to wear the same pattern as of him on this 15th August to show your Love and Respect .
Some Unknown Facts that must be known:
Here are some of the facts about Indian Independence Day :
- August 15 is celebrated as Independence Day in India and in five other countries too – Bahrain, North Korea, South Korea, Liechtenstein and Republic of Congo.
- Though India unofficially got its independence on July 18, 1947, however, 15 August was officially decided because of Mountbatten.
- There were 562 Princely States in India, at the time of Independence. 560 of these states joined India and the remaining two ( Junagadh and Hyderabad ) were annexed by the military!
- A very few are aware of the fact that Khadi or hand-spun cloth is the only material allowed to be used for the flag and flying a flag made of any other material is punishable by law, with imprisonment up to 3 years, besides a fine.
I wish all of you a Happy Independence Day. May you become prosperous and healthy by which India can also become prosperous and wealthy.
Speech for Independence Day
- Happy Independence Day to all of you who has gathered here to celebrate this auspicious and prideful day of India. We are blessed by God that we live in the country that has full of spirituality and unity in diversity. I am going to begin my speech and share my views on Independence Day 2020.
- As everyone knows that we got freedom on 15th August 1947 after a lot of struggles. But so many people don’t know this day’s importance. I would like to throw some lights on the struggles to achieve this day and its importance too.
- Independence Day, one of the three National holidays in India (the Republic Day and Mahatma Gandhi’s birthday and this day), is observed in all Indian states and union territories. On the eve of Independence Day, the President of India delivers the “Address to the Nation”. The prime minister hoists the Indian flag on the Red Fort in Delhi. Twenty-one gun shots are fired on this day.
- In his speech, the prime minister pays tribute to the leaders of the Indian independence movement , highlights the past year’s achievements, raises important issues and calls for further development. The Indian national anthem, “Jana Gana Mana”, is sung.
- The Chief Ministers of individual states unfurl the national flag, followed by parades and pageants. Prime Minister Indira Gandhi said that Chief Minister should be allowed to hoist National flag on Independence Day just like how Prime Minister hoists National flag.
- In governmental and non-governmental institutions, Schools and colleges conduct flag hoisting ceremonies and cultural events. In some cities, kite flying adds to the occasion.
- This is a brief description about this day and its importance. Now I am asking a question to you all that “are you really devoted to your country?” In other words we celebrate this day with very flying colors but what about our Love and Care towards India? We are not aware how to serve India or if we know that after it we don’t serve. Because we are in the habit of throw responsibilities on others. That’s not right. We all have some responsibilities towards India. We should do it together. We should Celebrating those who celebrate sacrifice, celebrating those who celebrate death. More than they celebrated life. Soldiers, freedom fighters, politicians, and everyone whose bones, blood and breath has been involved and became the foundation of India. So salute them and be inspired from them.
I am thankful to you to give me attention and listen me so carefully. Jai Hind!!